This Way Ahead (Spring & Summer – PAID)
This Way Ahead (Spring & Summer – PAID) - Last Info Session Ends on Tuesday February 19th
· This Way Ahead (TWA) is a PAID job readiness and internship program for youth age 16-24 in partnership with Gap Inc. and Boston Housing Authority.
· Students are paid to attend job readiness workshops twice/week and eligible students then apply to work at Gap, Old Navy, and Banana Republic stores for the summer.
· For students ages 16-24. Must be 16 years old by May 13, 2019. Priority is given to those who are Boston Housing Authority residents or BHA Section 8 voucher holders.
· Beginning in March, students attend PAID interactive job readiness classes twice a week in the afternoon/evening for 16 weeks. (March 4 – May 23)
· Once they complete the job readiness classes, they can apply for paid, supported summer internships at local Gap, Old Navy, and Banana Republic stores, with the possibility of continuing on to permanent/seasonal employment in the fall.
· Students who are interested must attend ONE info session beginning at 4:00pm at 125 Amory St. Roxbury, MA 02119. (off the Orange Line – in between Stony Brook and Jackson Square)
· Register here for an info session: www.surveymonkey.com/r/twa-2019
Mr. Kalin Mitchel
This Way Ahead - Program Coordinator | email@example.com