Future Chefs (SPRING - UNPAID)
Future Chefs (SPRING - UNPAID) – Deadline is Friday January 11th
· Spring session is UNPAID. Summer opportunity is PAID.
· Students meet once a week for seven weeks after school at the Boston Teaching Kitchen.
· The focus is on learning the hard skills of basic kitchen safety and sanitation, and the soft skills of communication and self-reflection.
· Professional development opportunities are available to students through networking at local culinary events.
· Industry-related field trips and chef demonstrations in the teaching kitchen and at restaurants.
· Students compete in a skills-based project for their final week, called “Secret Ingredient Challenge”
· Free to partners and high school participants
· Students can apply now http://www.tfaforms.com/328963 to the FC Prepares program, which starts on Tuesday January 15th.
· To learn more about Future Chefs and our other programs please visit www.futurechefs.net
· Current High School Sophomore interested in exploring culinary careers
· Ability to commit to a 7-week program, one day a week for 3 hours
· Genuine interest in exploring and learning about the Culinary Field
Curriculum and Student Services Manager | Telephone: 617.451.3883 | Cell: 703.785.6704 | firstname.lastname@example.org